Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on May 26, 2010 - 08:18
So is this comix or what? Whatever it is, it's captions on photos and it's (sometimes) lol... (wait did I just type lol? I meant FUNNY)
INTERVIEW: The Daily Cross Hatch talks to Jon Rosenberg on wrapping up Goats, and making a career out of webcomics.
- PW Weekly covers Meredith Gran's latest Octopus Pie collection: There Are No Stars In Brooklyn which comes out June 22.
- Johanna Draper Carlson reviews the second collection of Erika Moen's DAR: A Super Girly Top Secret Comic Diary
- Johanna Draper Carlson reviews the first collection of Gunnerkrigg Court - I think the second volume of this is coming out this year.
KICK START MY ART
- Shaenon Garrity has a kickstarter funding drive for the second print collection of Skin Horse.
- Looks like Max Huffman's Kickstarter drive has met its goal. Good news for Mocktopus fans.
FROM THE MAILBAG
- Travis Hanson writes about his webcomic The Bean which is a pretty nicely drawn comic about a young kid working for (owned by?) an orge in a tavern. It has a pretty slow pace so far, but now that the kid has been kidnapped maybe it'll pick up some.
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on February 18, 2010 - 11:49
Pretty quiet today although check out this stunning creative innovation from the newspaper comic B.C. Wow! Now that's how you stay hip and current...
REVIEWS: Johanna Draper Carlson has a review of the new mega-Penny Arcade book, The Splendid Magic of Penny Arcade. For all the reasons she's a bit lukewarm on it, I will probably love it.
BUSINESS: The Beat reports that Graphic.ly, "a fairly new but bold player in the digital comics distribution field", has announced the acquisition of iFanboy, the popular comics news and information community. Graphic.ly is in "private beta" -- anyone using it right now?
Submitted by Shaenon Garrity on October 14, 2009 - 10:23
As mentioned previously, I'm going to be at the Alternative Press Expo, where Skin Horse Volume One will be making its convention debut. (Want to buy it online now? Here!
Also, I'll be at this thing:
CAM Alternative Press Expo Party:
Monsters and Mayhem
Cartoon Art Museum Event: Saturday, October 17, 2009, 8:00-11:00 pm
Sliding Scale: $5 - $20
Submitted by El Santo on August 5, 2009 - 21:38
As a change of pace, I thought it would be nice to take a look at something written about webcomics but one of sequential art’s most influential voices: Scott McCloud.
Submitted by Faith on August 5, 2009 - 15:32
I don't feel like working on anything at the moment, so let's blog:
Anonymous asked (paraphrased slightly): "What is the "girl cartoonist trap"?
Good question! I don't know. Next!
Submitted by Gina Biggs on July 15, 2009 - 09:39
Brigid Alverson of the Unbound blog at CBR's Robot 6 interviews Gina Biggs, who draws the unabashedly girly Red String, which was published for a while by Manly Manga for Manly Men (TM) publisher Dark Horse.
Submitted by jhorsley3 on July 5, 2009 - 03:00
It should be noted that the day in which I completed this comic and posted it on the site Michael Jackson was reported dead and Ferrah Fawcett was confirmed dead. The King of Pop and the Queen of Girly Posters in the same day. Not to mention McMahan and Danny Gans.
Submitted by jhorsley3 on June 29, 2009 - 03:15
Submitted by Delos on June 16, 2009 - 09:00
Submitted by Xaviar Xerexes on May 27, 2009 - 12:16
Hope you all gots good stuff going today. Me? I got a cold. But here's some reviews of some good stuff I found around the web this morning: